To navigate Alignment, go to the Settings menu, on the top right of the page.
Users can switch from one visualisation to another.
Users can select which narrative units of the Histoire ancienne jusqu'à César they want to be displayed.
Users can choose which manuscript(s) they want to be displayed.
Users can select the information they want to be displayed:
- locus = location of each paragraph (folio and column);
- rubric = text of the rubrics; displacement of rubrics and additional ones, if any; where there is no information about rubrics, it means that the paragraph is copied continuously after the preceding one. The indication ‘Rubric: null’ appears in two cases:
1) when there is a blank space for a rubric in the manuscript, but no rubric,
2) when the beginning of a paragraph is part of a lacuna, hence the rubric may have been present originally;
- verse = verse form of a paragraph; it is also signalled if the verses are lineated (abbreviated to ‘lin’) or continuously copied (abbreviated to ‘cont’);
- variation = occurrence of a material lacuna (total or partial);
- note = additional information necessary to understand the configuration of the alignment (i.e. information about non-material lacunae, displacement of folios after the manuscript was copied).
Back to Alignment